Standardize and coordinate agronomic techniques on the sites of Atlas Berry Farms South, as well as the necessary supplies related to the smooth running of crops.
Responsible for the overall management of agronomic techniques for all crops (irrigation, fertilization, phytosanitary treatments, and greenhouse climate management)
• Devote the maximum amount of time for monitoring crops (analyze the causes that give rise to driving problems, establish appropriate actions in collaboration with the people concerned)
• Responsible for collecting all the information necessary to carry out production in order to reach the objectives set by the management of the southern area
• Responsible for explaining instructions and providing farm managers with all possible data or standards for crop management
• Generates, proposes, new cultivation techniques, improvement of the structure, automation and all equipment related to the management of crops on all ABF South farms (involving farm managers) In collaboration with other RAC sites or suppliers.
• Responsible for setting up or modifying procedures or operating methods concerning agronomic techniques applied on ABF South sites
• Organize weekly meetings / field visits to monitor production activities,
• Explain variations from objectives
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven experience in managing soilless crops
• Adaptability, autonomy and versatility,
• Rigor and sense of organization, team spirit and taste for field work,
• Write and use common computer software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bac + 2 / + 5 school of agronomy
• Minimum 3 to 8 years in a similar position
• Bilingual in Spanish/English
• Experience in agricultural industry, preferred
Ability to travel 90 percent of the time – local domestic – ranch to ranch
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: email@example.com