The Lease Administrator/Legal Assistant, under the close supervision and direction of the Vice President, Legal Affairs, is responsible for drafting leases, subleases and associated documents and maintaining master lease lists, along with providing general administrative support for the legal department.
Leases and Associated Agreements
- Prepare, review, analyze and summarize terms of first drafts through final stage of leases, subleases and associated agreements.
- Update and maintain master lease list and digital lease files.
- Maintain and monitor calendar for lease inactivation, options and renewals.
- Hold regular meetings and work closely with controllers and land management personnel to ensure that leases are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance and support in relation to litigation and legal claims by coordinating information; corresponding with third parties; reviewing, organizing and/or summarizing documents; and/or preparing status updates.
- Organize / Maintain legal, real estate and corporate files (digital and hard copy).
- Draft and prepare correspondence as requested.
- Scan, copy, and mail correspondence and documents.
- Prepare corporate documents (minutes, resolutions, reports, filings for the Secretary of State, etc.).
- Provide support and assistance as required
Meeting Planning / Travel Arrangements
- Schedule meetings and register conference attendance for VP, Legal Affairs including arranging for hotel, car rental, airplane reservations, and processing passports.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency in English
- Excellent English composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Solid analytical and document review and drafting skills
- Strong computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- Strong initiative, work ethic and diligence in completing projects timely
- Positive attitude and good business sense
- High level of integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to act independently, identify and solve problems, make suggestions, take ownership of projects and follow through are essential
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred)
- Working knowledge of basic legal and business principles and terminology (preferred)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Paralegal Studies Certificate preferred
- Minimum of 2 years relevant legal and/or real estate experience required
- Experience in law firm or legal department preferred
- Experience drafting and/or reviewing legal contracts and/or leases highly preferred
Ability to travel 5 percent of the time – domestic
For internal applicants, please click here
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org