The Janitorial position will support the Housing Program Manager through a Workers Come First philosophy. Job responsibilities include supporting RAC’s growth plan by providing clean, safe and dignified housing to agricultural employees and assist in meeting RAC’s housing compliance requirements and standards.
This is a part-time janitorial position at the Villa Las Brisas complex. These duties include, but are not limited to, the maintenance and cleaning of the office, dormitories, storage rooms, communal restrooms, parking and common areas. The employee is expected to conduct duties by adhering to RAC core values of Honesty, Fairness and Respect. This position will be located in Oxnard, CA and will report to the Housing Program Manager.
- Clean areas, including but not limited to, entrances, hallways, common areas, stairways, office, recreational room, laundry room, storage rooms, communal bathrooms, parking lot, and exterior areas.
- Remove all waste from trash cans and replace liners.
- Utilize room deodorizer as necessary.
- Dust, disinfect, sanitize, remove trash/recycle, sweep, vacuum, mop, clean glass/surfaces, walls, floors, and communal restrooms, etc.
- Focus on disinfection of high touch areas.
- Utilize janitorial tools, supplies and chemicals such as bleach, degreaser, multipurpose cleaner, all-purpose acid bathroom cleaner, gum remover, toilet bowl cleaner, drain cleaning agent, and disinfectant in both liquid and powder form.
- Monitor and replace bathroom supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap and paper towels as needed on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations provided.
- Use caution and closed signs appropriately.
- Assist in keeping track of janitorial supplies and inventory.
- Operate common area equipment such as power washer, commercial grade hoses, carpet cleaning machine and leaf blower.
- Clean and sanitize dormitories once vacated.
- Inspect and replace mattress and protector covers as needed.
- Change linens and all bedding accessories.
- Complete turnover punch list items to ensure the dormitories meet audit requirements upon physical inspection by the State of California’s Employment Development Department.
- Meet turnover deadlines to ensure all dormitories are ready for inspection and occupancy.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention:
- Follow provided safety procedures and practices.
- Correct hazards and unsafe conditions in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.Other duties as assigned.
NOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to:
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Effectively solve problems with tact and ease
- Execute basic cell phone communication skills including, but not limited to, email, camera/video, text messaging, internet search engines, etc
- Speak fluently in English and Spanish
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimal travel required
For internal applicants, please click here
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com